Langtang Valley Trekking
Langtang Valley Trekking
Langtang valley trekking is also popularly known as valley of glaciers trek. Langtang is one of the closet places from Kathmandu Valley where you could get to see huge snowcapped mountains and gorgeous glaciers. Langtang valley is located only 19 miles from Kathmandu on the north. Few hours’ of drive from Kathmandu will take you to the beautiful Langtang region.The whole valley is surrounded by Mount Langtang Lirung (7246m) that offers pine forest, rugged rock, swift mountain streams and snow-capped peaks. Though Langtang Valley trekking is very close to Kathmandu, the Langtang Region is as wild as any Tibetan highlands with peaceful rural scenery.
The starting point of the Langtang Valley trekking will be Syabrubensi. From here we will follow the Langtang River to the east until we get to Kyangin Gompa (3,049) with overnight stay at one of the hotel here. Heading up a gentle slope, we pass along the dramatic ridges through local villages inhabited by Tibetans, Tamangs and Sherpa people. Then we will come across the lush forest of Rhododendrons and oaks. Once we arrive the Langtang valley we will find flapping prayer flags in the main tracks, brightly painted chortens and Mani walls where yak herders welcome you to the land of these high mountain people.
Langtang Lirung, Langshisa, Ganjala Peaks are the center of attraction that we can see during the trek to Langtang Valley trekking. We will also visit the local yak cheese factory as well as the view of the glaciers, which is also a gateway to Tibet. Then we return back to Syabru village and make a trip to the holy lake Gosaikunda that is situated. This voyage takes you off the bitten track into the valley of a hardly untouched people. You will spend this 10 days in utmost joy and happiness.
Day 1 – Arrival in Kathmandu airport then transfer to the hotel
Day 2 – Full day sightseen in Kathmandu valley at world heritage site
Day 3 – Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1503 m) by car or by bus
Day 4 – Syabrubesi to Lama hotel (2410 m)
Day 5 – Lama hotel to Langtang (3430 m)
Day 6 – Langtang to Kyanjin Gumpa (3830 m)
Day 7 – Rest day at Kyanjin.(hike up to Cherkori peak 4984 m)
Day 8 – Kyanjin Gumpa to Lama hotel (3430 m)
Day 9 – Lama hotel to Syabrubesi (1503 m)
Day 10 – Syabrubesi to Kathmandu,by car or by bus
Day 11 – Leisure day at Kathmandu
• Airport Pick up and Drops by car
• 4 Night’s Standard Accommodation in Kathmandu
• Your meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) During the Trekking.
• Kathmandu – Syabrubesi – Kathmandu by car/Bus
• All accommodations in lodges/Tea Houses During the Trek
• Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) . National Park Entry Permits
• An experienced and friendly Guide, porter
• Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
• Medical Supplies
• Nepal entry visa fee you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu.
• Travel insurance.cover helicopter rescue
• Personal Equipment for Trekking.
• Food While You are in Kathmandu.
• Your personal expenses.
• All the Alcoholic and non Alcoholic Drinks tea, coffee
• Tips for the Guide and Porter
- Down Jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Trekking shoes/
- Hiking pants
- Hiking shirts
- Full-sleeves shirt
- Sun hat
- Water bottle
- Batteries and bulbs
- Flash light
- personal towel
- Ruck sack
- Medical & first-aidkit
- Sewing kit
- Poly propylene/wool socks
- Other required equipments
- Sleeping bag
- Trip Length12 Days
- Trip Grade
- Trip Date20150903
- Start - Endktm - ktm
- Highest Altitude4984 m
- Seasonmarch- may and sept - December